Thursday 4 October 2012

Polar Opposite Characters No. 3

Time for the girls to shine this time. This time I'm starting with the enemy, Princess. My aim with this character was to put an emphasis on her ugliness, despite her name suggesting otherwise. I gave her some slight cleavage in areas to suggest her vanity. I was originally a bit unsure about the breasts, but I decided that they added to the humour of the character.


Not much changed during her final design. She was given a bit more flab in areas and slightly bigger high heels, that's really about it.


Next we have Storm's love interest, Roxie. Unlike Storm which looked more funny and dumb, Roxie had to look more mature and cooler. After much investigation, I decided that the circled design looked best as I liked the spiky hair. However, I felt that her current design wasn't feminine enough, so I knew I wanted to change her final design.


I experimented with her design, and fell in love with it (not in a weird bestial way). Unlike Storm and Marco who's eye shapes were more cartoony, I made Roxie's look more cat-like to suggest her maturity. I made her hands and feet more smaller to make her look less manly.


No comments:

Post a Comment