Sunday 16 February 2014

Animation Direction AM50309 - 6: Week 6

I'm continuing with the modelling process, this time creating the second title card for the animations name, CocoNUTS!!!.

As with the other two rocks, I followed the same process of creating a basic model in maya, exporting it to mudbox to apply basic texturing and then utilising photoshop to finish off the final details. Like with the other title card, it was fairly easy to texture due to the simple shape. I also followed the same process of making normal maps with CrazyBump.

Before

After

I enjoyed creating all of the rocks, as it was a way of letting me develop my texture and bump mapping skills. It also taught me valuable shortcuts to save modelling time, which I plan on using for future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment