Sunday 16 March 2014

Animation Direction AM50309 - 6: Week 10

This week I've commenced with the production of my storyboard animatic and the body rigging of Fishbone. As my main priority was the completion of the storyboard to begin animating, I decided to focus on this first.


I brought my sketchbook into university and scanned every page of the storyboard panels into a computer. I then used StoryboardPro to composite the sequence together. I added some extra panels digitally so as to pad out the story. The next part was adding audio into the storyboard. I'm rather familiar with the software Final Cut Pro, so I used that to edit sound in. A lot of the sounds at the moment are placeholders from Freesound, so I've asked Laura to help me with specific sounds to make them more original. I also plan to include music in my final animation as well, which has been recorded by my good friend Rob Millard.



                

After completing this, I started to make progress on the body rigging. I used a rig that I made for Fishbone last semester to save time, and made slight adjustments to it where appropriate. After skinning him, I started paint weighting the mesh to the correct joints. I haven't ran into any significant problems so far, and hopefully should have it finished by next week.






Here's a photo of the mic I borrowed to record Rob's guitar, will cost me a grand if I break it :/




No comments:

Post a Comment