Sunday 23 March 2014

Animation Direction AM50309 - 6: Week 11

This week my aim was to finish the rigging and practice using the rig. I wanted to understand how the rig will work first before I animate, so I felt it was necessary to do poses to test the rigs versatility.

As hands are quite difficult to animate, I decided to create set driven keys for various expressions. I feel that when I start animating, this will be a valuable shortcut for different hand movements. After completing this, I made final checks to ensure that the rig is working properly, and parented joints to the appropriate nurbs curve.

Left Hand




Right Hand








I then started practicing putting him in various poses to check the rigging and to see how Fishbone looks rendered. Overall I'm happy with the results, and look forward to animating him.







No comments:

Post a Comment