Sunday 2 March 2014

Animation Direction AM50309 -6: Week 8

So this week I've decided that I need to get more people involved in helping out my project. I already have Laura Emmerman helping me out with some of the foley sounds eg. Ocean and water, but I need more people to help with other parts of the project eg. Poster design and voice acting.

To promote my project, I have decided to post up flyers in various parts of the uni faculties eg. The animation and graphics departments. I have made it so that if people are interested, they can rip off a ticket with my contact details on it.




I have also been working on Fishbone's trident in maya. As my narrative revolves around Fishbone's mistake of bringing a coconut to life, my design process was to make the trident look more superior than the character who welds it. It is also supposed to signify Fishbone's lack of understanding of the weapon, which I think adds to his personality.

I originally envisioned the trident to have dents and bumps to show it's age. However, I tested the texturing using a preset mia_material, and it produced a far better quality. I also wanted the trident to have a unique silhouette, so I added the wing-like metal at the bottom.


Front

Side

Perspective




No comments:

Post a Comment